This page has moved to a new address.

Backpacks, Speech Therapy and a Promocode!

The MaMade Diaries: Backpacks, Speech Therapy and a Promocode!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Backpacks, Speech Therapy and a Promocode!

So I bought my little guy a backpack finally. It arrived last week and he is completely obsessed with it. And I'm really happy about that lol. It's nice to not have to carry his diapers around anymore, now he does it himself ;)! (I soooo can't wait until he's ready for potty training!)



I got him a Yo Gabba Gabba backpack, because he is completely obsessed with them. He gets so excited and shows it off to everyone that hasn't seen it yet, sometimes even if they have ;). He won't even let me carry it, he has to wear it and carry it himself! Thank you Zumiez Kids!

So we have speech therapy twice a week. Once of those days we have to go to a local library for it. This was my cool dude with his backpack on the way there yesterday!
He did well both times this week. Still no real words, and not enough sounds. But we're getting there. He's doing well learning different signs and he is so excited about the flashcards that I made him and posted about here.

The speech therapist and I were talking again yesterday about how a lot of the things he has been doing are big signs of Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS). But we still need to have our evaluation with the developmental pediatrician to see what their thoughts are. I'm waiting very (im)patiently for that appointment to come around.

Next week we have an evaluation to see if he qualifies for occupational therapy or not, because he does have some sensory issues as well as not talking yet. I really don't know if he will qualify for that or not, but that would be great to help him out more as well.

So wish us luck with all of that! If you or anyone in your family has any experience with CAS or delayed speech and sensory issues I'd love to hear from you! 

If you're looking for an easy way to keep up and follow my blog and other things I may post, I made a new Facebook fan page for my blog! Check it out here. And I've also joined Twitter! I've refused for years to join, but finally got sucked in and did that today! Follow my tweets @MaMadeCreations. 

Now....everyone do a little happy dance! ;)

I've made a promocode for my Etsy shop, offering 10% off your order. The 10% savings is good between now and September 30, 2013! When you place your order use the code MaMadeDiaries on the checkout page in order to receive your savings.
For those of you that haven't seen my shop yet I make customized crochet hats, blankets and housewares items (swiffer covers, dish scrubbies, etc). I've also started doing digital invitations and party supplies. I take custom requests! So if there's something that you're looking for, but I don't have posted, or haven't made yet, just send me an e-mail or message on Facebook or Etsy and we'll try to figure something out!
  • Do you have any fun plans for the upcoming weekend?
  • What is your favorite craft for toddlers and kids?
  • What's your child's favorite cartoon character?
Thanks for stopping by! :)

post signature

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At August 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Awww your little guy is too adorable! Haha, his little backback is almost bigger than him. Too cute!

 
At August 29, 2013 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

haha Thank you! He absolutely loves it! I had a couple extra things in it one day so it was a little too heavy for him, he could barely walk but wouldn't let me carry it, so I had to hold onto it to take the weight off! Lol poor boy almost fell over!

 
At August 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM , Blogger Steph Burns said...

Grant has a little Steelers backpack that he LOVES! Grant would be jealous of Eli's Yo Gabba Gabba backpack ;)

 
At August 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Our little babies are turning into little independent boys!

 
At September 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Amber (Chaos & Crackers) said...

He is adorable! Thanks so much for stopping by my little blog! I know how it feels to wait for those appointments. We were put on a waiting list for Nicholas' appointment with the developmental psychologist that was supposed to be 6-8 months long. Fortunately, there was a cancellation and we got him in after about 4 months and that is when they diagnosed him with Autism and Sensory Processing Disorder. Hopefully you guys will get your appointments pretty quickly as well.

 
At September 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Amber!! Ours was scheduled about 7 or 8 months out, and we're just waiting for a cancellation to come around. It's been about 3-4 months or so so far I think. So I'm really hoping something comes up soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home